IMPORTANT NOTICE CONCERNING COVID-19
Your safety, health, and well-being are of the utmost importance to Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA). We understand that there are many concerns around COVID-19 and we want to assure you that we are doing all that we can to protect our residents and employees and prevent the spread of virus. For this reason, Property Management is making the following changes until further notice:
- Effective immediately- HRA is refraining from all scheduled office hours at local properties. All local HRA offices will be closed, including offices at Highland Village, Stoughton Village, Stratton Manor, Squakheag Village, Winslow Wentworth, and Ashfield House.
- We have a secure drop-box located at the main office (241 Millers Falls Road, Turners Falls) which will be checked each morning and throughout the day.
- If you are exhibiting any virus like symptoms in your interactions with staff, HRA will work with you to reschedule any meeting, accommodate any request or find other means of communication.
- For the time being we are suspending all community meetings, tenant meetings and program meetings.
- All community rooms will be closed until further notice. As all recommendations include social distancing, we feel this step is necessary. However, we are not planning to close the laundry rooms at this time.
- Annual Re-certifications will be done via US mail. This is in line with recommended procedures for Housing Authorities during the best of times. When it is time for your recertification- your packet will include clear directions.
- We have set up a new email account for your convenience- please email your work orders to: email@example.com. Please be sure to include-
- Head of Household name
- Property Name
- Unit address
- Phone number
- The reason for the request. Please try to keep descriptions brief, no more than 2 sentences or about 30 words.
- If you will grant maintenance permission to enter your unit
- Maintenance will be responding to Work Orders in order of priority. If you or any household members are exhibiting any virus like symptoms please inform staff when you call or email in a Work Order. Before coming to your unit, HRA will work with you on the phone to try and resolve the issue at hand.
- If you see fit, consider entrusting a back-up key to a family member, friend or neighbor. Lock outs are an additional charge to you and we hope to limit the financial impacts of these calls to our Residents.
- Consider stocking your home with a plunger. Please do not ever flush napkins, paper towels or any items other than toilet paper. Those items will clog your drains and response times to remove those items are uncertain at this time.
- HRA is doing all that we can to accommodate all of the needs of tenants and clients during this challenging time. We are working with scarce resources and responding to guidance that is evolving quickly. We do not have cleaning supplies and protective gear to distribute to the community. Please remember to use your personal supplies sparingly.
We are committed to doing our part to keep you healthy and will continue to communicate any changes in service to you as quickly as possible. Maintaining a clean and healthy living space is everyone’s job. You can help us prevent the spread of infection by following the CDC’s advice in the attached flier.
If you need more information, we recommend the following resources for the most up to date news and developments related to COVID-19:
- The Center for Disease Control – cdc.gov
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – mass.gov
These precautions will be subject to further evaluation or guidance from public health officials.
We thank you for your help and cooperation as we navigate this situation. Please stay safe!!